BLACK FOREST CAKE:

Nidhi, my daughter wanted only black forest cake for her birthday. The photograph below is the final outcome of my cake. As I have mentioned earlier I am not good at clicking so bear it with me.



Before my marriage I had attended a cooking class conducted by Innerwheel Women’s Club at TVM and this recipe is from that cooking class.
For this cake I baked 2 sets of cake from the recipe below.

HERE GOES THE RECIPE:

Powdered sugar: 225 gm.
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
Baking powder: ½ tsp.
Eggs: 6.
All purpose flour: 75 gm.
Cocoa: 50 gm.
Butter: 100 gm.

For decoration and filling:

Tinned cherries: 1 tin.
Butter: 100 gm.
Cream: 1 small tin (I used Ajanta cream).
Icing sugar: 300 gm.
Plain milk chocolate: 1. (I used semi sweet chocolate bar).
Vanilla essence and rum: 1 tsp.
Rum: 1tbsp.

Method:

1.      Drain the cherries and boil the juice with some sugar. Add 1 tbsp of rum and keep aside.
2.      Line and grease a square or rectangle cake tin. (I used rectangle).
3.      Beat eggs and sugar well, till stiff.
4.      Add essence, swift together flour, baking powder, and cocoa, and fold into the thick mixture.
5.      Pour warmed and softened butter into it. Mix gently.
6.      Pour it into the greased and dusted tin and bake till done.

FOR THE FILLING:

1.      Mix icing sugar, butter, and cream well together, add essence and rum and keep aside.
2.      Split cake in half. (I did not split cake in half I had made 2 cakes remember).
3.      Pour the cherry juice over the two cake pieces.
4.      Spread some icing over one half and put a layer of cherries.
5.      Place the other half of cake over this and spread some icing on the top of the cake.
6.      Again spread some cherries on top of the icing.
7.      Grate the chocolate and drizzle on top of the icing.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter