Chocolate Tarts.

Tarts can be filled with almost anything; jams, stewed fruits, custards, chocolates………and it just dissolves in your mouth. I know making tarts can be a little tiresome, after rolling, cutting it into small rounds, and putting in small tart cases, baking them and removing them can be tricky……..all this puts me off!!! from making tarts. So one day I just rolled out the dough and put it in the pie rack and pricked it with fork and baked and made a chocolate sauce with chopped cashew nuts and poured into it. It instantly became a huge hit among my nephews and nieces, and my kids. The last time I made this I troubled myself into clicking pics and so I thought I will post it so that you will know making tarts is not-that-tiresome.


Ingredients:
 All purpose flour: 1 cup.
Butter/Margarine: ½ cup. (I used margarine).
Baking powder: ½ tsp.
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Salt: A pinch.
Vanilla essence: A few drops.
Chilled water: A few drops.



Method:
 Mix the flour with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
Put in vanilla essence and butter and rub with ur fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.



Knead it into a soft dough with few drops of water.








Roll out with rolling pin and trim the edges.(I was busy clicking and forgot to trim the edges, so imagine I had trimmed the edges. )








Grease a baking tray and dust it with flour






Put the rolled flour into the baking tray and prick with fork, so that the 
dough does not rise.





Put it in the oven to bake till done. (about 15 to 20 min).







In the meantime, in a saucepan put 1 cup sugar, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla essence, 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk and mix well. Now put the pan on fire and keep stirring till it boils, then simmer, and when it start to thicken a little, put in 3 tbsp butter and 1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts. Stir well, when it coats the back of the spoon, switch off the fire. Keep aside to cool.





Remove the crust from the tray after it is baked (remember I forgot to 
trim the edges). Let it cool.









Pour the warm chocolate sauce on top of it a leave it to cool.









Cut into slice and serve. Kids will love this yummy chocolate tart.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter