Chocolate Candy Bar

I wanted to make a short crust pastry which had a chocolate topping on it, so I searched Google and I finally landed in Edible Garden Toblerone Candy Bar and instantly I knew I had to make this. But what about the Toblerone??; living in Calicut (kerala) and that too on the outskirts of the city has this kind of disadvantages. So Toblerone is out of the list and I finally made up my mind to top it with chocolate sauce and sprinkle it with caramelized nuts (fortunately I had some leftover). I love to alter a recipe to my taste and availability of ingredients in my kitchen. This sure was a huge success with my kids.


Ingredients:
Salted butter: 1 cup (room temperature)
Powdered sugar: 2/3 cup.
Flour: 2 ¼ cup.
Homemade chocolate sauce: 1 cup.(scroll down for recipe)
2 tbsp: caramelized cashew nuts.

Method:
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Put in the flour.
3. Mix with finger tips until it resembles bread crumbs.
4. Press firmly on to a greased tray with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 min or until the top turns light golden brown.

While this is in the oven, let’s make the chocolate sauce.
I cup sugar.
½ cup milk.
3 heaped tsp of cocoa powder.
3 tsp of butter.
Vanilla essence: 1or 2 drops.

Put sugar and cocoa powder with milk into a pan and mix it nicely (there should not be any lumps or you can sieve the cocoa powder in). When it starts boiling put in the butter and stir well till it coats the back of the spoon nicely. Pour it over the pastry while still hot and sprinkle some caramelized nuts and let it cool and cut into squares.

Verdict: The pastry is very crisp and the caramelized nuts gave the surprise element in it. Overall, this is an easy-to-bake recipe and perfect for a beginner.
Recipe source: http://www.cookingandme.com/2010/05/toblerone-candy-bar-shortbread-recipe.html

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter