Jam Thumbprint Cookies:



I been wanting to make jam cookies for a long time. Finally today I am into that-cookie-making-mood. I used mixed fruit jam; you can top it with any jam or even chocolate sauce. I managed to get a pic of the soft dough, after rolling the dough into small balls press into the center with your thumb so that jams can be filled into it. When putting into the tray give space between cookies as they tend to spread out during baking.

How I Made Them:

Maida: 200 gm.
Dalda: 100 gm.
Powdered sugar: 100 gm.
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp.
Egg: About 1/2 beaten egg.
Vanilla: 1tsp.
Salt: A pinch.
Mixed fruit jam.

Method:

  1.   I creamed dalda and sugar well with my electric beater and added vanilla to it.
  2. Next, I mixed the maida with baking powder and a pinch of salt and again mixed with beater.
  3. Then I added little beaten egg and mixed with my hand to make it into a soft dough. I made them into small  balls and put them on the greased baking tray and I then pressed into the middle with my thumb.
  4.  Bake for 10 to 15 min and then take them out and put ½ tsp of mixed fruit jam into the center and again bake for 5 minutes. Take out and cool on a wire rack. Kids gonna love these cookies.


  Add the egg and bring the dough together.


My dough ready to be baked.



In the oven for another five min after i topped it with jam.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter