Kuttanadan duck roast




This is my 50th post wow!!! I am proud of myself and what better way to celebrate it. I take this moment to thank each and every one who has visited my virtual space. 

Its been a while since I posted something as I was down with severe sinus infection and sore throat and in between achachen (my dad) gave a surprise visit. This recipe is from ammas elder sister, Lata whom I fondly call Renjumummy). I made exactly as she told me to and it was a huge hit with achachen and Homey. Luckily I was able to get a pic of it. Personally I don’t prefer duck but that did not alter me from trying out this one.

Ingredients:

Duck: ½ kg cleaned.
Onion: 2.(or shallots about ¼ cup).
Ginger garlic paste: 1 ½ tbsp.
Green chilies: 2 or 3.
Coriander powder: 3 tsp.
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp.
Chilly powder: 2 tsp.
Pepper powder: 1 tsp.
Garam masala: 1 tsp.
Vinegar: 1 tbsp.
Curry leaves.
Method:
Preferably coconut oil.

                                                                                       ( masala after frying it on low flame)

Method:
Heat oil in a kadai and fry the sliced onion lightly and then add the chilies and ginger garlic paste and fry till light brown. Add the masalas and fry on low flame till it becomes very dark (almost a coffee colour). Add the vinegar and salt and the duck. Pour little water and cover it and cook it. Heat some oil in a non stick pan and sauté the cooked duck pieces (pick up the pieces from the gravy) add curry leaves and sprinkle some more pepper powder and garam masala (about ½ tsp each) and pour all this back into the gravy and mix well and fry for another 2 to 3 min. Serve hot…….YUM!

Note: This is a dry dish, but if you want can add little hot water to make it little gravy like.

Recipe source: Lata Simon.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter