Crumb fried fish.


Last weekend was rather hectic for me as I went to Kottayam to attend a betrothal and I met one of my amma's aunt (whom I am seeing after a decade as she is in US) and she told me that she follows my blog and that she even prints out my recipes ...wow that was some encouragement and I was in high spirits the whole day. Later that day I happened to visit my cousin Ponnu who married recently and was excited to treat me with her new cooking skills. So I surrendered to her skills and she lavished me with this crumb fried fish...so soft and juicy. Anything crumb fried needs bread crumbs; which won't be available in my kitchen and I am lazy to powder the rusk or toast the bread and powder them etc etc etc. So Ponnu traded a little secret with me that evening...when you are out of bread crumbs stock...just shred some plain bread pieces with yours hands into the small mixer grinder and (chutney bowel) and give it a grind ......Voila!!! bread crumbs are ready.
How Ponnu made them:
Butter fish (or any boneless fish): 6 pieces.
To marinate:
Green chilly sauce: 1/2 tsp.
Pepper powder: 3/4 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp.
Lime juice or soya sauce: 1/2 tsp.
Salt.
Marinate fish with the above ingredients and keep in fridge (the longer the better).
Tip: If you ran out of green chilly sauce just put in 2 green chilies while grinding the ginger garlic paste.
How Ponnu makes bread crumbs:
Break 4 to 5 bread pieces with your hands and put them into the chutney bowel.

After it is grounded.

Breadcrumbs ready to be dipped in.
How to fry them:
Beat half an egg and pour it over the marinated fish and take each fish and dip into the bread crumbs and fry them. Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
Tip: You can also cut the fish into small stripes and call them finger fish.Check out how I made finger fish.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter