Pineapple jam squares.


The moment I saw pineapple jam squares recipe on Vanitha I had that urge to make it as soon as possible. I made a slight variation to the recipe because I personally do not favor coconut on a sweet dish. So instead of that I topped it with preserved pineapple (you can also put stewed pineapple).

Ingredients:
Dalda or vegetable fat: 1/2 cup.
Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup.
Egg: 2.
All purpose flour: 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 3/4 tsp.
Pineapple jam: 5 to 6 tbsp.
Pineapple preserve or stewed pineapple: 5 to 6 tbsp.
Method:
Mix dalda and sugar nicely.
Add beaten egg to this and mix well.
Sieve flour and baking powder and mix well and make it into a soft dough.
Spread it into a greased tray.
Spread pineapple jam on top of it.
Bake for 20-30 min or till done. While still hot spread pineapple preserve on top and cut into squares while still warm.

Note: The original recipe calls for 1 cup grated coconut, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, milk 2 to 3 tbsp, and a 3/4 of vanilla essence; mix all this together and put it on top after the jam is spread and bake in oven. But I put the preserved pineapple instead of the coconut scrapings and believe me it turned out to be great.

Recipe Source: Vanitha


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter