Brownies....Step-by-step method.


I wanted to begin this year with something special.....and finally rounded on Brownie. I read and read about brownies and found that the taste and texture depend on the quality of chocolate that is used....I wanted my brownie to be fudgy and moist and have a smooth crust.........I was talking about this to Nidhi and she told me that her friend Nikitha brought the-melt-in-the-mouth kinda brownie....so I coaxed her to ring her up and get the recipe from her mother.... Yes the result was fantastic.....smooth soft crusty top and moist and fudgy.....just the way I wanted.

Here goes the recipe:
Butter or margarine: 1/2 cup or 100 gms.
Dark chocolate: 150 gms  (cut into pieces).
Sugar: 1 cup (granulated).
Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp.
Eggs: 3 (beat them and keep aside).
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
All purpose flour: 100 gms (about 1/2 cup)
Salt: 1/4 tsp.
Chopped cashew nuts: 100 gms (about 1/2 cup) (optional)
Chocolate chips: 100 gms. (optional)

Method:
1. Place a steel bowl over  a saucepan of simmering water and melt the chocolate and butter. The best thing is  you can get all this done without the electric mixer....I used my spatula.


2. Remove from heat and dunk in the sugar, salt, and vanilla essence.



3. Add the cocoa powder and again mix well.



4. Add the beaten eggs and give it a real mix.


5. Dunk in the flour.


6. Fold well, add the chopped cashew nuts and chocolate chips (if you are using) and the batter is ready. Pour into a greased and dusted pan (I dusted with cocoa powder).


7. Into the oven!!! Bake for about 20 to 30 min. Pls check with a tooth pick...


Cut into squares and serve.

Linking this to Aipi's and Priya's book marked recipes. 


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter