Pineapple biscuit pudding....no bake/cook version...Steb-by-Step method.



This is one of my favorite pudding because it is easy to make and no baking or cooking is needed...I first tasted this at my brother's place...his wife ie my sis-in-law Vava (yes!!! thats her pet name...she is the smallest in her family and the name suits her too because of her petite frame) made this for an occasion some 10 years back.... ever since..it topped my pudding list. Actually the recipe was handed down from Vava's mom Leelamma. This pudding is always a huge success....and disappears...within minutes.....the best thing is no sort of cooking is required if you have pineapple preserve or tinned pineapple at hand. I always preserve pineapple so that makes it easier for me.....if fresh pineapple is available.....just take half of the fruit and chop it and throw in some sugar and put it on fire till it is nicely cooked.....that is pineapple stewed.

Another thing is there is raw egg in it....I have not tried substituting the raw eggs.....because I don't want to change it.....it is simply superb as it is.....maybe some of my friends can try substituting the egg...do let me know if you have.

Marie biscuit.....oh!! I just love to make puddings with them mostly because of their subtle flavour and crunchiness.....the other days Homey's sister, Dainey and family gave a surprise visit from Vizag and I made this pudding....remember I mentioned this pudding can be made fast!!!....since her kids love this.....I just piped some cream on top and sprinkled grated chocolate....

Check out the eggless version of this pudding.



Ingredients:
Marie biscuit: 1 packet.
Butter: 1 packet (100 gm).
Powdered sugar: 1 cup.
Pineapple stewed/preserve/tinned: 1 cup.
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
Egg: 1.
Milk: 1/2 to 1 cup.

Method:

1. Beat egg white stiff and keep aside. Beat butter and sugar till nice and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat till creamy...then fold in the stewed pineapple(along with the juice) and the egg white and mix well....this is the cream mix for the pudding....Remember I mentioned no cooking!!!


2. In a pudding dish (I used 8" x 8" squared dish) dip biscuits in milk and line the dish.

3. Spread the pineapple cream on top of this.

4. Again dip biscuits in milk and line on top of the cream till the cream layer comes on top and keep in fridge for at least an hour.


5.  Garnish with caramalised nuts or grated chocolate or sprinkle chocolate chips......I piped some cream and sprinkled chocolate gratings...Chill the pudding throughly.


The moment the pudding was served.....it started to disappear fast and by the time I could get my cam....there was only a small piece left!!!.

It is a never-fail pudding and can be tried by beginners.....can also be made 1 day earlier....the more it is chilled the better....Enjoy!!

For eggless version of this recipe, click here.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Linking this to At home with haley.
Taste spotting.

 Britanny's Seasonal Sundays.


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter