Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies.....step-by-step.


The other day I was out shopping and I saw a street vendor selling used books, I crossed the road and just browsed his collection and to my disbelief I found cookbooks!!!. That day I was the proud owner of some real classic cookbooks.....The Cookie Book from Wisconsin Energy Company was a surprise treat for me....it is a compilation of recipes from Wisconsin Energy Company employees...I like this kind of collection as they are usually tried and tested ....It was a 1998 edition book with just cookie recipes....cookies of all kinds...classic cookies, traditional cookies, shaped cookies and so on....ah you all guessed it right, you gals can expect more cookies from my side :). The book starts with some traditional cookies and the very first one was Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies and that too you won't believe.....with wheat flour.....not a bit of all purpose flour....just plain whole wheat flour!!! Oh boy I was very glad I mean here I was baking with just all purpose flour and its high time I baked healthy!!! They tasted every bit like a real chocolate chip cookie should be: tender and chewy in the middle, crisp at the edges. I mixed with hand mixer and lastly mixed the dough with my hand and they rolled out into a thick dough and needed no chilling ( that was a relief I HATE CHILLING)....so lets get baking!!!

Ingredients:
(I halved them)
3/4 cup Granulated sugar.
3/4 cup packed brown sugar.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened ( I used butter).
1 egg.
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour.
1 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp salt.
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used cashew-nuts).
1 12-ounce package of semisweet chocolate chips.

Method:
1. In a large bowel mix sugars, butter, and egg.

2. Stir in whole wheat flour/atta, baking soda, and salt.

3. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.

4. Mix with your hand ...the dough will be stiff :).

5. Shape into rounds and pressed them with my palms and placed into an ungreased cookie sheet (it was instructed to drop the dough by a rounded spoon but I shaped into small rounds).
 Off to bake!!!


Out of the oven!!


                                                                    mmmmmm


I think I should have dropped the dough with a rounded spoon than shaping them with my hands... next time I will drop them :).
Source: The cookie book, Wisconsin Energy Company.
Linking this recipe to Mangoes and ChutneyDecidedly Healthy or Horridly Decadent Blog Hop.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter