blog features & an award

Wow, what an exciting few days it has been for me!! I started this blog exactly a month ago to post what I love doing and hoping it would inspire others. I get so excited seeing when I have a new follower, and all the comments I get brighten my day. Being creative is so therapeutic for me, and I am so inspired by all the things being created by other crafty bloggers.

It was a real surprise for me, a little newbie-blogger, to have my Chevron canvas featured this weekend at such amazing blogs: A Glimpse Inside, Tatertots and Jello and Whipperberry! It totally made my day and I never thought I would ever see my own projects featured on other blogs than my own! Thanks again, ladies!

It was also a fantastic surprise that someone would choose me to win an award:
So according to the award rules, here's what I have to do next:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them (which is really the polite thing to do anyway!) So, THANK YOU Janelle! Janelle is so talented, go check out her blog!

2. Share 7 facts about yourself. Oh boy...
  • I'm probably not the best at it, but I love being a stay-at-home-mom and taking care of my daughter and husband. I love spending time with my family!
  • I have my own business that I run from home, Happy Potamus Designs. I create custom invitations & announcements. Let me know if you ever need anything!!
  • In 2005, I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsey from eating Shockers candy... but that's a long story for another day. Don't worry, I recovered.
  • I was named after Lindsay Wagner. You know, the Bionic Woman?? Or the lady from the Sleep Number Bed commercials??
  • I *love* my Mac. I cried the day I thought it died. Not to worry - it recovered, too.
  • My dream job as a child was to be an animator for Disney.
  • My husband reads the news - I read Facebook.
3. Share the award with 6 newly discovered bloggers.
I chose 6 blogs from my list, some new (to me) and others that I stalk read regularly. So go check them out! They are all so talented and have such great ideas! So here goes...

Jessa has so many great projects! Love her posts.
Oh man... I need to learn to be a better sewer. This woman is amazing!! No, seriously.
Amber is one of the most talented quilters I have ever seen!!
The Nummy Little Blog
Jill is such an inspirational person, and shares delicious recipes!
We are considering homeschooling, and this blog as sooo many great ideas!
Go check out Lauren's adorable Mickey Mouse party! So fun!

I also wanted to thank everyone who reads & follows Artsy-Fartsy Mama. You all inspire me and make me want to be better at what I love to do, and I appreciate your support so much! Hope you all have a great week!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter