DIY Necklaces


 
I got some great deals on some jewelry pieces, so of course I had to give jewelry-making a try! After much searching, I finally found some Dimensional Magic - and certainly put it to good use! I had so much fun! Can't wait to make more, and believe me, I will :)

Here are a few of the pieces I bought. Each one was $2 or less! Score.


First, I made up some designs to fit into each of the pendants. Luckily the packaging had the dimensions printed on them, otherwise I would have had to measure it myself. Since I wanted my jewelry to represent me & my personality, I put together my own designs on the computer. I love everything about the quote found here, so I adjusted the size of the image to fit & added the border. Next, I printed them off & cut them out.


 



Attaching the images was simple:
1. Cut image to fit into pendant. Set aside
2. Paint inside pendant with Mod Podge
3. Place image inside pendant, and press into Mod Podge
4. Let sit for a minute or two, then paint more Mod Podge on top of image. Let dry!

Here are the pendants drying! I love them already...

Next, I painted some glitter glue along the top & bottom edges of the quote pendant
and let it dry completely.

I poured on the Dimensional Magic, and filled up each pendant. It goes on opaque, but it dries clear.
I made sure to get all the edges and was a perfectionist about getting all the bubbles out by using a pin.
The package says they should be dry in 3 hours, but I needed to let them dry overnight.
Resist the urge to hover over them, playing with them or touching them to see if they are dry!

The next morning, I noticed one of the pendants had a lot of bubbles at the bottom. Not sure why.
Even though I was a bit paranoid about the bubbles & made sure to get rid of every one, it still happened.
It's ok though... it adds character, right??
*This finished pendant will be shown in a future post, it still had some work to be done :)

Once your pendants are dry, they are done!

Put them on your favorite chain & show off your fabulous work!

Here's a closer look of the glitter feature on this one. I love it!!

I wore this one to my family birthday party this weekend, everyone seemed surprised I made it myself!
(I'm taking that as a compliment...)

Couldn't resist having some jewelry with pictures of my favorite people in the world :)

and now, I will model these lovely necklaces for you!
No, you aren't seeing things. For some reason the chevron bled a little.
Not sure why, I printed on a laser printer... Oh well, I still love it!!

Let me know what you think!
Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter