Accordion Name Frame


I have been planning this project for a lot longer than was necessary. I needed 7 frames and would search the frame section every time we were at the store. (I must say I have one patient husband...) When I would finally find frames on sale, at least one of the three things would happen: there were only 5 left (why five? I have no idea), they weren't what I was looking for, or they were too expensive, even on sale (I'm cheap thrifty, okay?). It got very frustrating.

Then a couple weeks ago, we headed over to Michael's and a miracle happened... I found more than enough frames that would work perfectly, and they were on clearance for 60 cents a piece!! It was meant to be.

I already had the paint, brush & the images I wanted to use. Like I said, the frames were on clearance. I also found the hinges I needed on sale and spent a total of about $8 for this entire project! That's right. Awesome.

First, I unwrapped (obviously) and painted all the frames in black paint. Easy enough.

Next, I sanded all the edges, and then sanded around the rest of the frame to make it have the extra distressed look going on. Love it! Watch out for all the sawdust though... I put them over a plastic bag with the intentions of making the clean-up a little easier...

Didn't exactly work that way, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right? After wiping the frames down with a damp cloth to get rid of the extra dust, I covered it in a thin layer of Mod Podge to help protect it and let it dry overnight.

I feel lucky that I have a husband who will volunteer to help me with projects! Maybe he knows what will happen if the project doesn't turn out... either way - thanks, hubs! :) We measured out where the hinges needed to go and figured out the best way to put them together to fold up accordion-style.

Last, but not least, I printed out my last name in letter-shaped-nature photos and put them in the frames. I am in looove with this project. It turned out even better than I had imagined! The price, the look, and it's something that I have wanted in my home for a long time.


Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter