Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket


I don't know about you, but this time of year has been SO busy!! That's another reason I love cooking with my crock-pot - I don't have to do hardly any work! Especially with this recipe. All you have to do is prep it before you go to bed, put it in the crock-pot first thing in the morning and by dinnertime - ta da!! Dinner is ready. Love it.

This recipe was surprisingly simple, and turned out even better than I expected. I obviously didn't get creative with our side dish, but that's okay!! Maybe next time... or maybe not. You can eat this brisket pretty much any way you want. Fancy it up and eat it like a roast with mashed potatoes, or do like we did and make it into a sandwich with a side of fries! Either way, it will be something I would love to make again.


This recipe is for a 5 1/2 lb brisket. We only used about a 2 1/2 lb brisket, so I halved the recipe and it was fantastic.

Marinade:
  • 1 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard


Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients and coat brisket well. Marinate overnight.
  2. Place brisket and marinade in crock-pot on low for 9-10 hours.
  3. Slice into thin strips across grain and serve on rolls or buns.
Linking to these parties! 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter