Button Wreath Ornament

Today I'm going to share a tutorial that I recently posted over at The Crafty Nest for her 12 Days of Christmas.

Now on to the tutorial:
Button Wreath Ornaments!


I originally found this idea over at Martha Stewart.
We also made a bunch with my family after Thanksgiving dinner.
It's a fun, simple, inexpensive and quick project that even the kids can do!

What you'll need:
Buttons: any colors, any sizes (mixed sizes look really cute, in my opinion)
Wire: 22 gauge floral wire or 16 gauge copper or aluminum
Ribbon for hanger, I found a cool metallic silver ribbon
A different Ribbon to use as a decorative bow, I used a sheer white ribbon

Cut wire to 9 inches in length. Make a small loop at the end of the wire using your fingers or pliers.
Thread buttons onto wire.

The wreaths I made are about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and used 72 buttons.
Add more or less for larger or smaller wreaths.

Once all buttons are on, bring other end of the wire around to the looped end. I found it best to carefully undo the loop, then twist ends together until it pulled the buttons into a tight circle. Then I trimmed the wires down so they weren't sticking out farther than the buttons.


Cut the hanger ribbon to a little more than 6 inches long. Then tie the ribbon into a knot about 3 inches or so above the wreath. You can leave the knot at the top of the hanger, or I squished the knot between a couple of buttons to hide it.

Then I just tied a bow around the hanger with the sheer ribbon for decoration and pushed it down close to the wreath.

 
 And that's it!! Told you it was easy!

 Linking to these parties!
Visit thecsiproject.com

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter