Valentine Clothesline Art

Sorry for the lack of *cleverness* in the title of this post...
but trust me, this is a fun and simple project - that costs almost nothing!
{That's pretty much my favorite description when talking about a holiday decoration}

Let me introduce to you:
Valentine Clothesline {Wall} Art!

Here's what you need:
11"x14" canvas
1.5" heart shaped scrapbook punch {or cut them by hand!)
Paint chips
Mini clothespins
String, twine, etc {I used black embroidery thread}


Head over to the store and pick out a color in the paint chip section. Take about 500 a few. Because I'm a non-traditional girl, I didn't want to necessarily use traditional bright pinks or reds. So, I chose a color that was in between: Watermelon Smoothie by Glidden. I used about 4 or 5 paint chips total for this project.
The other 495 will most likely be used for some other project soon enough...

Punch out or cut 16 hearts out of the paint chips. Or more. Or less.
Really, you are the one who will have to look at it, so put as many as you want. This is just a suggestion...

You can paint the canvas if you want, but I just left mine blank.
Tape one end of the string/twine/black embroidery thread to the back edge of the canvas toward the top, maybe an inch or two down. Wrap around the canvas until you have four lines going across the front and tape the end of the string securely on the back of the canvas toward the bottom.

Take those mini clothespins and clip the hearts on the string! You can have them all in the same direction, or switch things up like I did and have them a little crooked. Refer to the second step in this tutorial.


Last, but not least:
Hang that artwork up and fall in *love*

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter