"Orchids and Ice" Simplified Watering: Simple Living in Practice

orchid and ice
Orchid and Ice

When I bought this orchid it said to put 3 ice cubes in the pot once a week instead of watering it. At first I thought the instructions were odd, but then I noticed that the ice melted slowly and didn't flood through the plant removing soil and leaving a puddle in the catch pan. 
I started watering all of my house plants by placing ice cubes in them. Now, I never over water any of my plants, and I don't spill any water on my furniture... hate water spots on tables!
When it gets hot outside I fill my dog's outside water bowl with ice cubes and let them slowly melt. She really appreciates the cooler water, and I appreciate how much easier it is to carry a bowl of ice instead of a bowl of water. No spills!
Ice cubes are the answer to all of my watering needs. How about you? Give it a try. If you know any cool ice cube tips post them in the comments area so we can all learn about them.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter