Easy Play MakeUp


Like I have mentioned before, we have a little makeup thief in our house...
Here is yet another solution to my growing problem:

Play Makeup!
No mess, and incredibly simple to do!

I started with an old compact that I rarely used and the powder was almost gone.

Chip out the powder, and give it a good wash with soap and water!
This should work for almost any makeup container. Hot water and soap should clean it right up. You can swab it with some alcohol afterward if you are concerned about germs. Make sure to dry the container well and give it a few hours to dry if it needs to.

  
Find some ugly nail polish that you have lying around, or go pick out some inexpensive colors from the store. I don't recommend spending too much though!! I got a little artistic with mine and poured the orange/peach/pinkish color in until the container was about half full. Then, I poured in some hot pink drops. Then get a toothpick and swirl it around!
Voilá! Marble-y goodness.

Put the compact/container somewhere where it's not going to be disturbed to dry. This took about 3 days or more to completely set since I filled it all the way up. Also note that the nail polish will settle more as it dries, so maybe layering would be a better option and make for a quicker dry time...

I also made up some eye shadows! The bottom section is just a purple nail polish. I filled the three glittery sections almost the same way as I did my Glitter Toes. Start by filling a layer of clear coat. Then, carefully pour in a layer of glitter, and then top with another layer of clear coat.
So fun and looks so cool!

I also turned an old eyeshadow container into a pretend lipstick/lipgloss container with some reds and pinks!

and that's it! So easy and fun for any little girl!!

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter