Oh, the first strawberry flowers of the season! I get so excited when I see them because sweet fresh berries are just around the corner.
What can you do to help increase your berry yield? It seems anti-intuitive: Pick off the first flowers and small berries.
See these? They seem so sweet. No, friends: they are the enemy.
If you leave these tiny flowers, your plant will make tiny berries. Pick off the first tiny berries and flowers and your plant will think it's under attack and respond by making even more and bigger berries....which means more strawberry shortcake for you. You're welcome.
Related Posts
Recently Added
Popular
-
Top 10 Posts of 2012According to my stats, these are the most viewed posts in 2012! You can see all the tutorials and r…
-
Whipped Cream: Where Did I Go Wrong? Common mistakes when making your own whipped creamI was making dinner at a family reunion when one of my cousins approached the kitchen with a cookin…
-
MINI FRESH FRUIT TARTSWe had a birthday yesterday and each year I have to get creative in coming up with something my son…
-
Spicy Crab Cakes: Foodie FridaySpicy Crab Cake This a really versatile recipe that I have been preparing for my family for years.…
-
HAM & CHEESE STRATAI found this recipe in a Women's Day magazine about 2 years ago. I love how easily it comes t…
-
Shrimp & Jalapeno Nachos for Cinco de Mayo or Cinco de AnytimeThese simple and addictive shrimp and jalapeno nachos are not only a nice alternative to more commo…
-
puli upma/pulusu nugaPuli upma is a very easy recipe.It is prepared with broken rice either raw rice or boiled rice both…
