My Cooking station.


My cooking station or the place I cook food for my family is just 5/6 feet....it is small and airy.

This is actually a work area which I converted into my small kitchen. Indian cooking has lots of splutters, frying, sauteing, smoking etc....so I opted for windows and not a built in expensive electric chimney....



I also wanted everything to be within my arms reach.....the counter space is small next to the gas stove...but I am quite satisfied with it.....the best part is easy cleaning.....I do not have a maid/cook to help....I do all my work on my own.....though the kitchen is small.....I enjoy working here....

If ever I need more counter space like kneading for pizza dough or rolling for garlic rolls or cookie making or cake baking....I just go to my pantry....there is plenty of counter space

The masala jars on the facing windowsill..... makes cooking a lot easier for me....everything within my arms reach :)

On the left windowsill I have kept the coffee, sugar, tea jars ...and also different types of oils which I use for my daily cooking.....I have a really big window on the left....no it does not get windy....but plenty of fresh air to flush out the fried/smoke smell.....I wanted my tiny space to be as eco-friendly as possible.....no electric light during daytime is another added plus point.....

My sink is big size (24 inch)....the idea is to wash big utensils like my biriyani pot, wok etc....on top of the sink is my good old steel plate stand.....were I can wash my plates and just pop on the rack, same with cups and spoons....

I will be cooking for you from this small kitchen of mine......welcome abroad!

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter