SPINACH FETA PASTA

I've had a hard time with meat this pregnancy, so I've been cooking a lot of vegetarian meals. We had this the other night and it was so good! It was light, fresh and easy to prepare- the perfect summer meal!

If you want to substitute the feta cheese, I think it would be great with Parmesan. Feta is expensive. I did use a BOGO coupon to get mine, so that helped. You could also even leave the cheese out!

I got the original recipe here, on Allrecipes.com, but made changes as most of the reviewers said it was too bland.
Spinach Feta Pasta

1 box bow tie or penne pasta {14 oz}
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained {14.5 oz}
1 5-oz container Feta cheese
10 oz fresh spinach, washed and torn into pieces
1 can white beans, drained
3 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinaigrette
1-3 cloves minced garlic {we like garlic- I used 3 cloves}
salt & pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, toss remaining ingredients in a big bowl. when cooked, drain pasta and mix in with everything else. Add salt and pepper to taste.

If you have leftovers, I also added a splash of olive oil to the leftovers after reheating.

Enjoy!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter