AMAZING BLUEBERRY MUFFINS



Our family loves blueberry muffins and for a while now, I've been on the hunt for a really great recipe. I've tried the highest rated recipes on all sorts of different websites and they turned out okay...but not fantastic, you know? I'm not one to settle for mediocre recipes, so I keep searching!

The first time I flipped through the I Do Cookbook, I saw the Blueberry Muffin recipe, read through it and thought, "Hmmm, that's different, I'll have to try that one!" So I did. Numerous times. As a matter of fact, I've made them every few weeks for the past several months- we love them. Make them in the morning during the summer when it's still easy to cool down the kitchen. I love serving them with summer salads.

There's nothing particularly ground breaking about how they turn out- it's just a very consistent recipe that produces a light, fluffy and very tasty muffin. I've tried tweaking a thing or two a couple times and nope, the original recipe is perfect- no changes needed, which is not common for me to say! So here it is, enjoy!

Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups frozen blueberries {I use the ones from Costco}
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup milk
Topping: {Optional- I haven't ever tried it}
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 TBSP flour
  • 3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup butter
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper cups, lightly spray each cup with cooking spray.
  2. Place blueberries in colander. Rinse well and let drain on a paper towel. Once most the water is gone, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup flour. Toss gently to coat. Set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating in one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients gradually, mixing as you go. Batter will be the consistency of a soft frosting- more of a whipped look than a pourable batter.
  4. Add milk and mix lightly. Do not beat.
  5. Carefully fold in blueberries.
  6. Fill muffin cups. Mine always end up looking pretty full- there is a lot of batter!
  7. Add optional topping if you'd like!
  8. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. {Mine are done perfectly at exactly 25 minutes.}
Topping Directions:
Combine brown sugar, flour and oatmeal. Cut in butter until crumbly. {Use a fork or pastry blender if you have one.} Sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Enjoy! These only last one morning in our house!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter