DINING AT CITY CREEK: BOCATA

Bocata City Creek Restaurant Review
Maybe it's just me, but I'm such a creature of habit. On the occasion that we find ourselves in a food court, I have my short list of restaurants- and they're the chains. The same chains. The same meals. Habitual. 

Hold the phone, I have an exception! Who's been to Bocata? Anyone? Anyone? Who's been to Settebello? Anyone? Anyone? Well, there are now two Settebello locations- Salt Lake & Farmington, and Bocata is like a little Settebello step-child. Or is it a biological child? I'm not sure. Either way, they're from the same family! (I could do an entirely other post on the joys of Settebello...) Bocata is a little spot in the City Creek Food Court. And it makes me want to rethink my "chain-only" mentality. 

Bocata makes "artisan sandwiches" (and salads, and soups, and Israeli couscous... and some chicken they say is "drunken." Poor chicken), but get this (oh, and get ready to squeal! Hang on! Listen!)- the bread is made fresh in their brick oven! Brick oven, peeps! BRICK! OVEN! I mean, really? I have a serious soft spot for bread (and butter. And that's putting it mildly). My favorite sandwich is the Caprese- it's fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, oil & balsamic... all melty and perfect because it's in a little hot pocket of fire toasted goodness! BAH! My giddiness is palpable.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter