Easy Fried Rice...step by step.


Fried rice; today, I am going to show you how I make Fried Rice .....Chinese fried rice....yes the easy way....restaurant style minus.... ajinomoto a.k.a  mono sodium gultamate (is a salt and added in Chinese cuisine to enhance the taste of a particular dish)! I do not use this for my food!!...have you ever felt thirsty or wanting to drink water more and more....after you had a hearty meal at a restaurant!! if yes!! then you know whom I am talking about.

My daughters favorite....my favorite.....and it will be your favorite after you make it....I promise.

Vegetable fried rice is the best way to include veggies in your kids diet....


I add eggs to fried rice, if you are a vegetarian you can omit that.....and oh! on special occasions I add chicken too (just cook 200 gm chicken with salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tsp of soya sauce, after it is cooled, shred them into bits, and add it after you stir fry the vegetables).....you can also throw in some prawns....YUM!

During Sundays, we attended the evening mass, and on the way back home, I get to shop in the supermarket and whenever I see green onions or spring onions as it is usually called here, I buy two bunches....and when my kids see that....they both give a knowing grin to each other......because I only make fried rice with green onions.....they take fried rice to the next level......you know what I am hinting??? green onions is a must...do not skip that.

Lets begin,

How I make Chinese Fried Rice.

Ingredients: 
Cooked white rice, preferably long grained, 4 cups.

Carrot:2,
Capsicum: 1, chopped.
Beans: A handful, chopped.
Cabbage: A small piece (i did not use any here), chopped.
Green chilly: 2, chopped.

Green onion/spring onion: 1 bunch, chopped. (keep the green part for garnishing)
Garlic: 6 cloves, chopped.

Eggs: 2 (if using).

Soya sauce: 1 tbsp.
Oyster sauce: 1 tsp (optional).
Red chilly sauce: 1 tsp.
Pepper powder: 2 tsp.
Salt as need and use refined oil only.

Method:
Chop the garlic and the white part of the green onion.....my bunch had slight green, it doesn't matter at all.

I use my food processor to chop the veggies, dunk all the veggies into the processor and blitz.

Heat a wok or any large heavy bottomed pan, add 3 tbsp oil. Add the chopped garlic, this is to infuse garlic flavor into the oil (you can remove the fried garlic if you dont like garlic in your food). I love garlic, so I let it stay there. Remember the rule of the thumb here is high flame.



Than add the chopped white part of the spring onion.(high flame pls). Stir well.


Add the chopped veggies.

Still on high flame, stir well......stir fry the veggies...about 3 to 4 min.

Add the 1 tbsp of soya sauce, 1 tsp red chilly sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce (if using), and sprinkle salt. The veggies should only be half cooked. Sprinkle 1 tsp of pepper powder.

Remove the veggies into another plate. Add 1 tbsp of oil and drop in the eggs. (if you are not using eggs skip this part)

Stir the eggs, vigorously..

And scramble it.

Sprinkle 1 tsp pepper and salt.

Put the veggies back in. Mix well.

And add the cooked rice. Mix everything nicely.

Sprinkle chopped spring onion (the green part). Mix well. Switch off the fire.

Annnnnnnd Serve.

Love to have this with butter chicken.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter