DESSERT CREPES + HEAVENLY CREME + BERRY SAUCE

crepes cream and berry sauce: butter with a side of bread
It hasn't been too long since we posted about crepes, but I just couldn't help myself! I made some of these this past weekend, and just had to share.
I love them.
They're fancy. (Aren't they? I mean- "CRE-PE!" Uber fancy.)
But so easy, that I love taking credit for making them. They're actually one of my favorite desserts to make!
BONUS! This cream? Heavenly. AND EASY! And it's also my go-to innards for creme puffs! Do you like creme puffs? Me too. Glad we've discussed. Back to crepes!

Crepes
2/3 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tsp. sugar
1 C. minus 2 tbsp. milk
2 eggs
4 tsp. melted butter

Wisk together until smooth. Refrigerate for 2+ hours. I bought a "crepe pan" ages ago- really, it's just a short-sided frying pan. I use it for french toast more than crepes... but alas, it works! Add about 1/8 c. batter to the pan and swirl it around so it's super thin. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side- you want them to stay really light in color. Flip and repeat. Makes about 12 crepes. Put wax paper between each crepe so they don't stick together while they cool.

Creme
1/2 pint whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 instant vanilla pudding mix
Half the milk called for on the mix box

Start whipping the cream. Add vanilla, pudding mix, and milk and beat until thickened (it will thicken more in the fridge). Refrigerate until ready to use.

Berry Sauce
1/2 C. berries (frozen works! Just thaw first.)
1/2 C. water
2 tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cornstarch or flour

Add berries, 1/3 c. water, sugar, and salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch/flour and remaining water. Add to the saucepan. Cook 3 minutes until thickened.
crepes cream and berry sauce: butter with a side of bread
crepes cream and berry sauce: butter with a side of bread
crepes cream and berry sauce: butter with a side of bread

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter