DIY Holiday Glitter Canvas


Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's time to fill the house with Christmas decorations! If you regularly follow my blog, you probably know that I'm a glitter addict. I can't get enough, especially around Christmastime! My latest addition to my Christmas decor is this Noel canvas made with Tulip Shimmer Paints.


Supplies Needed:
16x20" Canvas
Tulip Fashion Glitter
Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond/Glue
Stencil or Print of Design


A closer look: Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond/Glue • Tulip Fashion Glitter {Silver}

Instructions:



Step 1: I created the Noel design and printed in sheets to fit the 16x20 canvas. I then lined up the prints and taped them together to make a poster.



Step 2: Prep the poster to transfer the image to the canvas. To do this, all you need to do is place the poster/prints on a window and trace the design back of the paper with a pencil. The lines don't have to be perfect.



Step 3: Place the poster on the canvas and then carefully trace the front of the poster. Press kind of hard so that the pencil lead transfers to the canvas. Carefully pull the poster off and you'll get a light image of the Noel letters on the canvas!



Step 4: Carefully fill in the letters with Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond. I traced the "L" and the "O" first because I didn't want the glue drying before I got to the end. I used the bottle to line the edges of the letters, then I took a paintbrush and evenly coated inside the letters.



Step 5: Pour Tulip Fashion Glitter over the glue. The more, the better! {You will dump off the excess later.}



Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the "N" and "E".



Step 6: Let the canvas sit for at least 2 hours for the glue to dry.
Carefully and SLOWLY stand the canvas up and dump off the excess glitter.


Hang on the wall or stand on your mantel and that's it!
Besides my tree, this is probably one of my favorite pieces of Christmas decor.

I loved using these products and they were SO easy to use. I have more projects coming up using other Tulip products, like the Tulip Shimmer Sheets. So stay tuned! To see more products and project inspiration, you can visit I Love to Create and follow on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

Check out other projects bloggers are creating with the Tulip Shimmer Products:

I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Tulip and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter