Easy vanilla cake with chocolate chips...step by step.



Winter has set in....there is a chill in the air....and I love winters....especially munching on cakes in the evening with horribly greedy messy kids...

Today, I am sharing with you a simple and easy vanilla cake....I  topped it with chocolate chips.....you can make it without the chocchips if you like it plain...but I am a chocoholic and so are my kids...

I have to tell you something....its just that a few days ago my hubby was talking to his old class mate and somehow my blog came up and it was mentioned that, a few recipes of mine were tried and was successful and that one particular cake recipe was a disaster when tried....aw! that's bad....the recipes I post here are tried and tested by me...not once...twice...but thrice....sometimes more...and if a cake fails....I really would appreciate if you would post a comment here or mail me...hey, I really want it to work out for you.....it could because of a lot of other factors...like oven prob, poor quality or old baking powder, old maida or all purpose flour...and please bring all the ingredients to room temperature....plus I use 200 ML CUP for all my baking and cooking...And yes I want each and every recipe I have posted here to work out for you.

Now lets get back to making this awfully simple and easy cake.


Recipe adapted from Ria's Collection

Ingredients:
Flour: 2 cups.
Baking powder: 2 tsp.
Sugar: 1 cup.( I reduced sugar by 2 tbsp because the cake was a bit too sweet for me...must be because of topping with chocolate chips BUT if you are making it plain one cup is perfect).
Butter: 1 stick/100 gms/1/2 cup.
Eggs: 2.
Milk: 1/2 cup, I used a bit more to make it creamy.
Vanilla: 1 tsp.

For the topping:
Chocolate Chips: 1 cup.
Flour : 2 tsp, just to mix the chocolate chips.

Method:
Sift the dry ingredients ie the flour and baking powder, keep aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar..for 2 to 3 min.


Add eggs one by one and cream. Add vanilla essence and cream again.

Add the sifted flour.

Add the milk.


I used a little more than 1/2 cup milk to get this creamy batter. Remember to preheat oven at 180 degree C.

Put the chocolate chips in a bowl, add the flour.

And mix the two...this mixing is compulsory otherwise the chips will sink into the cake while it is baking.

Pour the batter into an 8-9 inch greased pan....I used a 12 x 12 inch square pan, because I wanted thin cake slices, more over like a sheet cake plus baking time will be less....about 20 to 30 min....in an 8 inch pan it will take close to 40-45 min....Sprinkle the chips on top..

And BAKE at 180 degree C for 20-30 min...hmmm are you getting that wonderful salivating aroma of freshly baked cake.

Cut into squares while still warm


Enjoy your wintry evenings with this simple vanilla cake.


P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter