HOT VANILLA MILK

hot vanilla milk, butter with a side of bread
The mom of one of my best friends used to make this on cold afternoons when we lived in chilly Minnesota. Well... I'm not in Minnesota anymore, but my gosh, it's still pathetically cold outside! And this is just so nice to curl up with on the couch. Winter seems prettier when there's a nice warm drink in your hands, don't you think?
This pregnancy has left me with a serious aversion to water- I can't stand the smell, taste, or texture of it (what!? Weird, I know), so I have been all over recreating each and every drink I can think of... 
This morning, as I stared into an empty cocoa container, I remembered this gem of a drink. And, hello, so easy!

Hot Vanilla
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. sugar

Warm milk in the microwave or on the stove. Add vanilla and sugar. Optional: top with whipped cream, cinnamon, or chocolate sauce. Or just drink it straight-up like I like it! 
Blankie & a movie, anyone? :)
hot vanilla milk, butter with a side of bread
P.S. - Maybe I should have added food coloring so it looks like I've taken a photo of more than just a teacup of milk, eh? :) I promise. It's not plain milk. It's special milk. Hot vanilla milk!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter