How to make Pre-cooked Rotis/Chappathi.



Chappathi or Roti is an essential part of Indian diet. Homemade whole wheat roti is the best, though sometimes  we do not get time to make roti or might be too tired to make roti and might opt for store- bought ones.  So, suppose you can make ahead these rotis, it would be awesome right?? and if you have some tucked away in the fridge....all you have to do is just heat them up and ta-da- hot soft rotis are ready!

My husband and kids love to have hot steaming phulkas or roti and I always make sure I have some precooked rotis in the refrigerator ....just in case.

Precooked rotis are just partially cooked and cooled to room temperature and covered in a napkin/cloth and  it will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator longer in the freezer. So, often I half cook the roti and store away for later use, especially when there are guests coming over....all I have to do is heat the tawa and complete the cooking.

So, today I am sharing how I partially cook my rotis and store....working women and mommies this is for you.

I will begin with once you have rolled out the dough for the roti, please refer to my flat bread/roti post for making the dough.

Heat a tawa or iron skillet pan. Put the fire on low flame, and place the rolled out flat bread/roti on it....for 30 to 50 seconds.

Then flip it over....again let it stay for 30-50 seconds.

Look closer...we are just partially cooking the roti/flat bread....so no brown spots are there.

Like wise make all the roti. Allow it to come to room temperature and then wrap in a clean napkin.


And store in a container .....and refrigerate.

AND when you feel like having hot soft rotis....just heat the tawa and again cook them on both sides.

Or you can make Phulka.....Oil free roti is ready!

To learn how to make phulka and roti please click here.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter