Butter Chicken Pizza.


Do you know which is the most popular recipe on my blog-Its Chicken Butter Masala....and my favorite chicken recipe......yes, I make it often as it goes perfect with roti, fried rice, methi pulav, gobi paratha.....


Butter Chicken Pizza is my Inidianized pizza makeover.....you could say that this is an Indo-Italian delight....hey, fusion food is the latest fad.


This pizza is so easy to make with left over butter chicken gravy and a few pieces of chicken......with the cheesy topping....nobody could resist.....why go to pizza hut...when you can make healthy homemade ones??

I added dried Italian herbs to the pizza base....and that gave a subtle Italian flavor with the Indian topping...this pizza was a huge hit with my family and neighbors....try it...you will love me more, honestly :)


So lets begin..
Please read my homemade pizza dough post if you are a beginner....or a new reader.

Ingredients:
Flour/Maida: 2- 21/2 cups.
Instant yeast: 1 1/2 tsp.
Warm water: 1 cup plus about 1/3 cup.
Sugar/honey: 1 tsp.
Salt: 1/2 tsp.
Ghee/olive oil: 1 tsp.(can add more if you are not calorie conscious)
Cornflour: Little to sprinkle and grease your hands.( If you have cornmeal then Great! its the reason for that extra crunchiness).
A tough spoon.

Dried Italian Herbs: Basil and Oregano (1/2 tsp each).
 For the topping:
3 to 4 tbsp of the gravy of the chicken butter masala.
2 or 3  chicken pieces, shredded.
1 capsicum chopped.
Coriander leaves to garnish (optional).
Processed cheese: 1/2 cup or 3 cheese slices or cheese cubes. (you can use your favorite cheese, I  just used what I had in hand, I used Amul Cheese).

Method:
Sprinkle yeast on the water....sprinkling works best!!

See it is starting to work.

Mix the flour with the yeast, salt, sugar and herbs with a spoon.

Lastly knead with greased hands or add little oil to the dough and knead....cover and keep in a warm place for 2 hours.

After two hours the dough will be doubled.

Sprinkle cornflour or cornmeal on the baking sheet. Spread the dough on to the baking sheet with your fingers....Nidhi was helping me with the dough :)

Put a nice dollop of the curry gravy in the middle.

Spread it out.

Sprinkle the chicken pieces.

And the chopped capsicum.....coriander leaves.

Lastly add cheese.....yum that's the best part....I used Amul cheese slices and cheese cubes... just crumbled them on top....you can use mozzarella or any other of your choice.

Bake in a preheat oven for 20 min at 180 C....or until the cheese melts.

Enjoy!!

Sharing with full plate Thursday.
P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter