GAME DAY MEATBALLS & LIL SMOKIES {WITH THE MOST AMAZING SAUCE EVER!}

Gameday Meatballs and Lil Smokies: Butter with a Side of Bread

So I think my husband may be more excited for the super bowl than he was for Christmas. Don't tell my kids I told you that. Really though, he's beyond excited. I'm sure it's got something to do with growing up in the Bay Area... yeah maybe just a little bit. He's pulling out meal planning strategies I didn't know he had. It's a good thing too because if I did, well let's just say my To Do list for Thanksgiving would be drastically different. {Translation: he really CAN help.}

This is probably one of the simplest appetizers out there and it's such a crowd pleaser. I've tasted many versions, but I really like that this sauce doesn't just taste like bbq sauce! It's different- it's got a nice sweet, smoky favor that is just so good. 

Gameday Meatballs and Lil Smokies: Butter with a Side of Bread

Game Day Meatballs & Lil Smokies 
{in the most aMaZiNg sauce EVER!}
  • 1 package Lil Smokies
  • 25 meatballs
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce {I used Kraft Thick & Spicy Brown Sugar}
  • 1 cup chili sauce
  • 1 cup Grape Jelly
Combine sauces and jelly in a saucepan and whisk to combine. Turn heat on medium and put the lid on the pot. After about 5-8 minutes, once the sauce has heated up a bit, whisk again until smooth. Add meatballs and Lil Smokies. Turn heat down to medium-low, replace lid and cook for about 30 minutes.

You can also cook these in the crockpot: Add all ingredients and cook on medium 3-4 hours. 

Really, the meat is already cook in both instances. You're looking to defrost and heat the meatballs and help the flavors of the sauce meld. 

Serve with a side of big, manly-men watching foot ball. 
{ok, ladies, you can have these too. I love them! I even like me a little football too. Probably not for the same reasons my hubby likes it, but who really cares?!}

Gameday Meatballs and Lil Smokies: Butter with a Side of Bread

Gameday Meatballs and Lil Smokies: Butter with a Side of Bread



Gameday Meatballs and Lil Smokies: Butter with a Side of Bread
ENJOY!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter