Tuna Melt on Rye


Tuna on Rye is one of those classic combinations. Unfortunately, I hadn't had one until just a couple years ago. That sandwich changed my life. Well, relatively speaking I suppose. You see, I had never liked tuna sandwiches before that day. Tuna on Rye changed all that. Suddenly the tuna was full of magnificent flavors I had never noticed before. The combination was heavenly and within just a few bites I was in love. Hello tuna! Where have you been all my life? I never thought I'd see the day where I craved a tuna sandwich, and now I do. My favorite flavoring for tuna is the lemon-dill combination. Mmmm!


Ingredients

1 can albacore tuna (preferably in olive oil)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons diced red onion
salt and pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tomato, sliced
6 slices Rye bread
6 slices melting cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, provolone, swiss, or muenster)


Instructions

1. In a small bowl mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, bell pepper, lemon, and dill until evenly combined. Season with a little salt and pepper.

2. Line the slices of Rye on a baking sheet. Preheat the broiler.

3. Assemble the melts by spreading out some of the tuna, a slice of tomato, and topping with a slice of cheese.

4. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and starting to brown.




Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter