Make an Embellished Duct Tape Notebook

duct tape embellishment tutorial.
I have a secret. A month from today I am going to be turning 30. Despite the ominous triple decade mile post, I still have a thing for obnoxiously colored animal prints. Especially if it is pink or purple. So when I saw pink zebra print duct tape at my local dollar tree, I had to have it. 

But then I ran into a new problem: I am trying really hard to not buy new craft supplies unless I already have a plan for what to use it for (even if that plan is developed while in the store). Luckily, I found my answer in the school supply aisle between the composition notebooks and the bulletin board shapes. If you want to make this a green craft, use this technique to update old notebooks. I don't recommend spiral bound notebooks for this particular project, but composition books, journals or binders are all fair game.

Supplies

  • Patterned duct tape
  • Solid colored duct tape
  • Composition notebook or binder
  • Bulletin board shape
  • Scissors or craft knife (I got mine from Consumer Crafts)
  • Small piece of velcro
  • Glue (I used E-6000)

Directions
I shared the full tutorial for how to make this great notebook on Dollar Store Crafts: Tutorial: Embellished Duct Tape Notebook

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter