Roasted Sweet Corn Guacamole



I live near several large avocado farms. They just scream "make guacamole!" to me. Seriously, they sell them at their stands 25 for $5. How can you resist a price like that? I went to Chili's a few weeks ago with some friends for a little Girl's Night Out. I ordered some roasted corn guacamole and it really hit the spot for a late night snack post watching the depressing movie Les Miserables. I replicated the guac at home the other night and, once again, it really hit the spot and I wasn't even depressed this time! I couldn't help myself come lunch time the next day and made a quesadilla just so I could have a vehicle to transport the guacamole to my mouth. Simple, delicious, and great for a variety of purposes. Enjoy those avocados! And if you ever make your way down to San Diego County, make sure you find one of these amazing farm stands and buy avocados on the cheap.



Ingredients

2 medium avocados
1 roma tomato
1 clove garlic
1 serrano pepper
1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels


Instructions


1. On a griddle roast the tomato, garlic, and pepper until the skins are blackened. Remove the skins on the tomato and pepper. The garlic will roast faster so you'll want to take it off first. 

2. In a food processor, puree the garlic, pepper, and tomato. Add in the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Pulse until well combined, but still chunky.


3. Either use leftover roasted corn, or roast your corn kernels quickly in a small skillet over high heat. Once they begin to brown remove and stir into guacamole.



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter