BERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS

Berry Streusel Muffins: Butter with a side of bread


I love blueberry muffins but I have made the same blueberry muffins for years and this time I wanted to spruce it up a little and get creative in the kitchen. I love the results. These are the best muffins I have ever tasted. My kids keep asking for them too!!

BERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE

INGREDIENTS

  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 ½ cup flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 5-10 medium sized fresh strawberries chopped up
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate chips


Cream butter and sugar. Beat in Egg. Sift dry ingredients and add alternating to creamed mixture with milk, stirring gently. (Hint: If you don't have a sieve for sifting, using a whisk to quickly mix in the dry ingredients works well too)

Gently fold in blueberries, strawberries and white chocolate chips. Pour into greased muffin pan or cupcake pan. I use a cupcake pan because I get more muffins and I don't feel so guilty when I eat more than one.

Berry Streusel Mufins: Butter with a side of bread

STREUSEL TOPPING

¼ cup flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp melted butter
White chocolate (optional) - Candy melts work well for this too.

Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter together in a seperate bowl and sprinkle on top of unbaked muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

After they have baked, pull them out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Heat up white chocolate chips and drizzle over muffins. Let cool and eat!!!!


Berry Streusel Mufins: Butter with a side of bread

This recipe makes 12 scrumptious little muffins. ENJOY!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter