Chocolate Cookie Bars Topped With Salted Peanuts And Chocolate Chips....step by step.




Chocolate Cookie Bars Topped With Salted Peanuts And Chocolate Chips....sure is a lengthy post title....I named this so, because I could not find a more prettier name.

I have been posting a lot of "skinny" recipes lately and I need some sugar rush to boost up the energy level......with kids having study holidays and my daughter preparing for the CBSE 10th Exam; kids really need the sugary, chocolately, peanutty boost...

Dieters, forgive me on this one......but you can take a bar (okay I took three bars), .....the kids are sleeping and the hubby snoring and I am enjoying this yummy bars and writing this post for you....and wiping off that salted peanutty crumbs....OMG...I love midnight snacks....shhhh....I am supposed to be on a diet :)



Its no secret that I am a big fan of sheet cakes and cookie bars, they are so easy to make.....this one is no exception.....it has everything I love, chocolate chips, roasted and salted peanuts on top of the cookie bar..and the best thing is... it is so EASY.....and did I mention that it is EGGLESS!!

Ingredients:
Butter: 2 sticks/1 cup.
Sugar: 1 1/3 cup.
Cocoa powder: 1/2 cup.
Flour: 2 cups.
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp.
Baking powder: 1 tsp.
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
Chilled Water: 2-3 tbsp.
Salt: 1/2 tsp. (since I used salted butter, I omitted salt).

Topping:
Peanuts: 1 cup.
Chocolate chips: 1/2 cup.

Method:
Preheat oven Sprinkle or rub a tbsp of salted water into the raw  peanuts and put them in a single layer on a baking tray. Put this in the oven for 10 to 15 min or until it starts to brown...or produce a nutty flavor.

Remove from oven and allow it to cool.....so that you can remove the skins either by putting them into a ziplock bag and rubbing it with both hands or rub with your finger tips to loosen the already loosened skin....a few skins on will not matter.....before you forget, turn off the oven.


Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes.


Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla essence and cream again. Add in the flour mixed with baking soda and baking powder...


Mix this adding 2 or 3 tbsp of chilled water (sometimes you might need another tbsp or even more). Mix it with your hand...it might look a bit crumbly. Put this into the already greased baking dish....and before you forget preheat your oven.


Simply press down into the baking dish with your fingers or with a flat spoon.



Sprinkle 1 cup of peanuts and half cup of chocolate chips and press them into the dough.


Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done at 180 degree C.


Cut into slices while still warm.


This will keep for more than a week if kept in an airtight container.
Enjoy your treat.

You might also like:
Scottish Shortbread..step by step.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter