Make Faux Washi Tape Magnets

How to make faux washi tape magnets from dollar store materials
I will admit that I didn't "get" washi tape for a really long time. If you're as uninitiated as I was 4 months ago, washi tape is basically patterned paper tape that you can use to decorate anything really easily. I've also heard it described as "crack for crafters." You can even buy washi tape on Amazon.

When I saw a huge magnetic vent cover (read: huge blank magnet) at the dollar store, I new it was craftable. I decided to make washi tape look-alike magnets. So now your love notes and shopping lists can get tacked up on your fridge and look like it's being held there by cute patterned tape. 
Supplies

  • Magnetic vent cover from Dollar Tree (or re-purpose some old promo magnets)
  • Patterned tissue paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
  • Junk scissors (as in: not your nice ones)

Directions

Find the directions in the tutorial I wrote for Dollar Store Crafts: How to Make Faux Washi Magnets

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter