Acai-Strawberry-Pomegranate Smoothie


I think this might be my favorite smoothie I've made in a long time. I think it tastes like a fruit roll up, but my husband's response was, "well, maybe those natural kind of fruit roll ups." Whatever. I love it and it's delicious. I bought the acai and pomegranate juices at Costco which means I've been eating quite a few of these smoothies and I'm loving it. It's tangy and tasty and packed full of nutrients!


Ingredients

1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup acai juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice


Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. 



You've probably heard of acai as a superfood. It's packed full of antioxidants and all those good omegas you keep hearing about. The best acai juice you can buy will be labeled as 100% acai berry juice, organic, fair trade, with no added sugar. The kind I bought at Costco is the Sambazon brand which isn't perfect, but is fairly good, especially for the price. They've added agave to it. Freshly squeezed juice is always better, but because acai has a very short shelf life it is nigh impossible to buy it fresh in the United States. 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter