Photo by Emilie Workshops

I love photography. I'm not the best at it, but it's on my list of things I need to practice and improve. I only recently bought myself a DSLR camera and I'm loving it - but was a bit overwhelmed at how to get my images to look the way I wanted them to. Now I'm ready to learn all I can about my camera and to create better quality photos of both my family and craft projects.

Photo by Emilie Online Photography & Editing Workshops Starting May 7thPhoto by Emilie

At both Build Your Blog Conference, and Snap! Conference, I was introduced to Emilie from Photo by Emilie. Emilie Decker is an amazing, self-taught photographer with a talent for capturing gorgeous photos. She specializes in children & family portraiture, event, and wedding photography. Take a look at just a few of her beautiful photos:

Photo by Emilie

I took Emilie's photography classes at both conferences. She is an amazing teacher, and teaches in a way that makes you feel like you can be a great photographer, too! She is so knowledgeable about photography and is so patient with those of us who have no idea what we're doing. I went home from both classes with multiple pages of notes. I've already noticed a significant difference in my photos, and I can't wait to learn more!

Photo by Emilie Online Photography & Editing Workshops Starting May 7th

There are four photography and editing workshops that Emilie is teaching starting May 7th:

*Basics of Manual Mode
"Your lessons will begin with equipment reviews and recommendations. I will provide you will information on lens, reflectors, cleaning supplies, editing programs and many other goodies. I will describe the simplest way to think about Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO. Shooting in manual mode is truly the difference between point and hope and point and create. I will share with you my go to settings and you’ll be on your way to shooting in Manual Mode by the end of the class."

*How to Identify & Create Perfect Lighting
"I will teach you how I learned to look at light. Lighting is more about training your eye to recognize shadows. I’ll teach you what makes flattering shadows vs unflattering shadows. I’ll teach you how to walk onto any location and know how to create perfect flattering lighting. Last, I’ll teach you how using a reflector makes a huge difference."

*Emilie's 3 Step Editing Process in Photoshop
“For user of any version of Photoshop Elements or CS. I’ll give you an overview and compressive tour of Photoshop and how I like to set up my buttons and preferences. This will be great if you’re brand new to PS. This tour will also be great if you’re veteran. I promise you’ll learn about buttons and setting you never knew about. It’s common knowledge that there’s 10 ways to do the same thing in PS. I’ll show you my favorite ways and tell you why they are my favorite. I’ll teach what I believe is my most valuable editing skill, the steps I use to evaluate what an images needs. Anyone can teach you how to push buttons on Photoshop. I want to teach you why you push those buttons. After you’ve learned to evaluate your image I’ll teach you the process I use to edit all my images. This section will include how to run actions, layers, masks, brushes, levels and many many more useful editing tools. This is an action packed class!!”

*Basics of Designing in Photoshop
"I will teach you about designing in Photoshop. How to add text or a logo to your images. How to create printables. How to create a design from scratch and how to modify an existing design."

Details:
• Each class is 1 hour
• Each class is $35 (discounts given for purchasing multiple classes)
• Classes will be online, so all you need is a computer and internet connection
• Registration includes the live lesson AND class recording

To see more about classes and to register, visit Photo by Emilie. Classes start May 7th.

*I am receiving a class from Emilie in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter