Swiss Chard Pancakes #French Fridays with Dorie



Swiss Chard pancake? Sounds weird right... yeah, but 
you've eaten Zucchini pancakes? Haven't you? I have all of my life. I guess it is just what you are familiar with...

This is what I love about being a member of French Fridays with Dorie her recipes always seem to push us all out of our comfort zone... sometimes I venture and other times... like last week, and the week before I just went rogue. 

I'll admit I didn't follow Dorie's directions exactly, but only because I knew I would make a mess. She wanted us to mix the batter in our food processor and add the swiss chard to the batter, possibly in batches if our food processor didn't have a really large capacity.

I just pureed the swiss chard with the onions, scallions, and chives and hand beat the batter. I mixed the pureed into the batter... simple and neat.

When I told my kids we were going to have pancakes for dinner they had visions of chocolate chips and maple syrup... 

"Chard,... seriously." my teenage son said, "Whatever." But he ate them and my daughter said, "These are strangely good." 

Yes, I have to agree they were "strangely good." Strange, only because I never had such a combination of ingredients in a pancake before.

We had fun experimenting with the toppings. We tried: Creme Fraiche as Dorie recommended, but also a chili spiced mustard, a Trader Joe's Red Pepper Spread, Thai Sweet Red Chili and some Sriacha Chili sauce. They all worked really well with this very adaptable pancake.

I can envision this recipe being great for using up wilting greens. You can easily substitute spinach, collard greens, escarole, etc. for the swiss chard.

I am adding this simple, healthy and delicious recipe to my regular repertoire  ... bravo Dorie!


Click here for Swiss Chard Pancake Recipe

Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


 




Tuesday Food:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop @ Premeditated Leftovers
Tempt my Tummy @Blessed with Grace
Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Traditional Tuesdays @ Cooking Traditional Foods
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays @ SS& GS
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Hand Made Tuesday @ Ladybug Blessings
Share it Link Party @ Winthrop Chronicles
In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big & More

Wednesday Food:
Wholesome Foods Wednesday @ This Chick Can Cook
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain 
 Wednesday Whatsit @White Lights on Wednesday 
Fresh Foods Wednesdays @ Gastronomical Sovereignty
Show and Share @ Semi Homemade Mom
Wonderful Food Wednesdays at @ All She Cooks
Seasonal Celebration @ Natural Mother's Network
Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hunger Little Girl

Thursday Food:
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Link it Up Thursday @ Seven Alive
Fantastic Thursday @ Three Little Chiefs
Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch

Friday Food:
Foodie Friday @ Home Maid Simple
Freedom Friday @ My Turn
Friday Favorite (DYI too) @ Simple Sweet Home
Foodie Friday @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Friday Favorite Finds @ Finding Joy in my Kitchen
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm 
Friday Food Fight @ Run DMT
Weekend Wonders @ The Thriftiness Miss
Friday Food Frenzy @ Mostly Food and Crafts 
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Friday Linky Party @ The Pin Junkie 
Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter