Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops




My annual pass to Disneyland expires today. It's a really depressing day. This last year has been amazing. Every time I feel stressed or have a bad day, I run off to Disneyland. It has been a magical year. Sadly it has come to an end. 

I always bring my own food to Disneyland. Every once in a while I'll buy something, but it's always so outrageously priced I just can't afford to do it all the time. I've come up with some great ways to appease my childrens' desires for the Disney magic. I make Mickey shaped soft pretzels, Mickey shaped rice krispies, and my very favorite is Mickey shaped Oreo pops. It seems only appropriate to share the magic with you on the day my magic ends. Did I mention they are ridiculously tasty? I didn't know that you could make Oreos better. 



You will need:

Sticks (either skewers or lollipop sticks work just fine. Look in the cake decorating section in Walmart)
Double Stuff Oreos
Mini Oreos
Chocolate Chips


Instructions

1. Arrange the Oreos into the Mickey Mouse shape on a tray lined with wax paper (using 2 mini oreos and 1 double stuff Oreo to form the shape). Carefully put the sticks through the double stuff filling.


2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. (Don't know what a double boiler is? See the cooking lesson at the bottom of THIS post).

3. Drizzle some of the melted chocolate onto the connections between the "ears" and the "head." Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes until the connection is solidified.



4. Remove one stick at a time and use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the whole thing. A spoon or rubber spatula is perfect so you can smear it around all the edges. Don't try dipping it directly into the chocolate or you'll likely lose an ear. 

5. Place the chocolate covered Oreo pops into the freezer to solidify. If you are actually going to bring these into Disneyland like I do, wrap each pop individually with plastic wrap and twist tie it closed. Bring them in a cooler willed with frozen water bottles as they will otherwise melt. 


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter