Spicy Marinated Grilled Tilapia


I'm so glad to have my grill back. I've been using it like crazy. I swear everything tastes better from a grill. This fish is delish. Tilapia is the kind of fish that you can easily kick up a notch. It's pretty plain, so a little spiciness sounds just about right. A little cooking tip: When I grill fish, I always lay it out on a piece of foil. That way I don't have to worry about it flaking apart and being eaten up by flames. 


Ingredients 

1 lb tilapia (probably about 2 fillets)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 jalapeno, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped


Instructions

1. Combing the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine.

2. Place the fish in a shallow dish (like a glass cake pan). Pour the marinade over the fish. Sprinkle the jalapeno and cilantro over it and let it marinate for about 20 minutes.

3. Grill over medium high heat for about 5 minutes per side. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillet. The fish is done when it can easily be flaked with a fork. 


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter