Back-of-the-Card Cheese & Olive Bread #French Fridays with Dorie

back-of-the-card cheese & olive bread

I am no longer afraid of loaves... truly, thanks to Dorie I have baked enough loaf breads that they are starting to turn out well! There may still be hope for me as a baker, though I don't think I will ever surpass my daughter's baking skills. She just has too much of a jump on me. 


back-of-the-card cheese & olive bread


For now I am content with baking my loaf breads... and what a loaf of bread this was chock full of cheese, I used Gruyere, and olives...mmmuh a meal in itself.
Dorie said you could use Comte, Swiss or Cheddar I think all of these are good except Cheddar... I just don't see this cheese going with such a Mediterranean flavor as olive. I would also skip the extra bit of salt that is in the recipe. Filled with cheese and cured olives this bread doesn't need any additional salt.


Balsamic Chicken & Cheese Olive bread

I served the loaf with a Strawberry Balsamic Chicken...remember my bottle of strawberry balsamic vinegar from our goat cheese strawberry tartine? Well, I'm enjoying finding more uses for it. I got this recipe off of Patricia & Paul Artisans of Fine Oils and Balsamics facebook page. Dipping this salty bread into a sweet balsamic sauce had my mouth popping with flavor. Definitely accompany this bread with Champagne or a sweet white wine like a Sauvignon  Blanc or a Riesling. 

What I love most about this recipe is it's versatility. Say you have a mild semi-soft cheese that is getting a little ripe, and some left over tapenade or sun dried tomatoes... mix them up with this bread recipe and your loaf will not seem haphazardly made at all, in fact it will look and taste like you just had it shipped from Provence.



Note: Dorie happened to have published this recipe in her newsletter.

Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.





Please check out this really excellent giveaway I am involved with:


snap it or bake it giveaway


Tuesday Food:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop @ Premeditated Leftovers
Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big & More
Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen
Brag about it @ VMG206

Wednesday Food:
Wholesome Foods Wednesday @ This Chick Can Cook
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain 
 Wednesday Whatsit @White Lights on Wednesday 
Fresh Foods Wednesdays @ Gastronomical Sovereignty
Show and Share @ Semi Homemade Mom
Wonderful Food Wednesdays at @ All She Cooks
Seasonal Celebration @ Natural Mother's Network
Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hunger Little Girl

Thursday Food:
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Link it Up Thursday @ Seven Alive
Fantastic Thursday @ Three Little Chiefs
Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch


Friday Food:
Foodie Friday @ Home Maid Simple
Freedom Friday @ My Turn
Friday Favorite (DYI too) @ Simple Sweet Home
Foodie Friday @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Friday Favorite Finds @ Finding Joy in my Kitchen
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm 
Weekend Wonders @ The Thriftiness Miss
Friday Food Frenzy @ Mostly Food and Crafts
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Friday Linky Party @ The Pin Junkie 




Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter