Chili Lime French Fries


When I made the oh-so-tasty Queso Fundido burgers I felt like we needed some spruced up french fries to go with it. What is a burger without the fries? I usually do sweet potato fries, but somehow ended up using regular old russets. I think either way the result would be fantastic. I've decided I really like having a bit of heat to the fries. Wait, can you still call it a french fry if you didn't fry it? Hmm. I guess my french bakes...no that doesn't sound right. Baked potato matchsticks? Shoot, we'll just stick to french fries. Regardless of what you call them, it is a nice twist on the fry and goes really well with a spicy burger. Enjoy!


Ingredients

2 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 limes
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper


Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the potatoes into wedges or french fry shaped matchsticks. 

2. Place the cut potatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze the lime juice over the potatoes. Dust the fries with chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.

3. Bake at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes. 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter