Disneyland Hand Dipped Corn Dogs


There's nothing like chowing down on a corn dog at Disneyland while you wait for the parade. I don't like hot dogs. Shoot, I don't even really like corn dogs. But the ones at Disneyland? Why, they are amazing! There's just nothing like a hand dipped corn dog. I found the sticks in the craft section at Walmart. They were just called "craft sticks." I also made more than we could eat (1 is pretty filling!) so I froze the rest. Reheat in the oven on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy your dog!


Ingredients

1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sguar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 hot dogs
Popsicle or craft sticks
Vegetable oil for frying


Instructions

1. Heat your vegetable oil in a large pot to 350 degrees.

2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the corn meal flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. 

3. Use a whisk to beat in the egg, milk, and vegetable oil.

4. Insert the popsicle or craft sticks into each hot dog leaving enough of the stick showing to create a handle. 

5. Dip each hot dog into the batter. I found it best to use my fingers to spread out a nice thick coat of the batter (because the corn part of the dog is my favorite!). After dipping put immediately into the hot oil to fry.

6. Fry as you go. Each one only takes 3-4 minutes. Put on paper towels to drain.



    Related Posts

    Subscribe Our Newsletter