Chocolate-Peanut Butter Swirl Milkshakes


I'm back from vacation! Okay, actually I didn't go anywhere at all, but my husband had four days off of work in a row which hasn't happened in a very long time. So I spent four days with my family instead of writing up recipes and editing photos. Did you miss me? I didn't take a break from cooking though. Oh boy, I made sure I showed some sweet cooking love. 

Now, I know what you are thinking. Um, who needs a recipe for a milk shake? I'm here to tell you that you might need one if you want to add a little pizzazz. This shake is seriously delicious. I was so in love with my peanut butter cupcake filling that I decided I needed to find a way to put it in a milkshake.  This utilizes hot fudge sauce and that decadent peanut butter sauce to swirl throughout a vanilla milk shake. It basically creates pockets of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and it is pretty incredibly tasty. You can keep the homemade sauces around for a couple of days which is a good thing because you are going to want to have a second one (and a third and a fourth). 


Ingredients

Hot Fudge Sauce

Peanut Butter Sauce
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Vanilla Ice Cream
Milk


Instructions

1. Make your Hot Fudge Sauce (if using homemade) and Peanut Butter Sauce. Combine the melted butter with the creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to mix until smooth. 

2. Scoop desired amount of ice cream in a blender. I fill my blender up 3/4 full with vanilla ice cream and it makes about 4 tall shakes. Add in milk halfway up the ice cream. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more milk if it is too thick.

3. Scoop a spoonful each of the hot fudge sauce and peanut butter sauce into each cup. Fill the cup halfway with the vanilla shake, then spoon another helping each of the hot fudge and peanut butter sauce. Fill the cup to the top and top with drizzles of the sauces. Use a long stick (chop stick, butter knife, etc) to swirl the sauces immediately. The sauces will thicken as the ice cream cools them off, but will remain soft enough that you don't end up with hard bites in your shake. 


***If you make your sauces in advance, heat them up in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to make it easier to swirl. 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter