Coconut & Honey Roasted Carrots


I'm roasting everything lately. I know it is summer and lots of people try to keep their ovens off, but I can't help myself! I'm indulging myself in roasted vegetables all summer long. I found some beautiful fresh carrots and knew I'd be putting those babies in the oven to roast. I wanted to try something a little different this time and keep them ultra healthy by using coconut oil. And yes, the skins remained on. No peeling required. Just scrub them off to make sure they are clean. They are roots after all. The result was a tasty, sweet summer carrot. Is it simple? Absolutely! Sometimes simple is the best route to go with vegetables. They are full of flavor in their own right and I love the way that roasting brings out those flavors and gives them natural caramelization. Give it a try!


Ingredients

2 bunches of carrots, tops removed
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey


Instructions

1. Place the carrots on a 4 sided baking sheet. Melt your coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. It should only take 15-20 seconds. Drizzle the coconut oil and honey over the carrots.

2. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They'll have some beautiful caramelization at this point!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter