Mediterranean Swordfish with Frilly Herb Salad #French Friday's with Dorie

swordfish


The Balch family is at the peak of our swim and tennis season. This whole week is a shuffle to and from meets and matches, but thanks to Dorie we are eating well on the go. I was thrilled when I read through this recipe and it said that it tasted good at room temperature.


swordfish

I packed up this lovely meal and brought it to my daughter's swim meet. She was too nervous about swimming butterfly stroke for the first time to want to eat anything until after the meet was over. Then she sat down and devoured the meal. My daughter loved it, but my son loved it even more. He actually said this was the best meal that I've made in a while. Everything worked well together. 

I would have to agree. Dorie was right on to suggest serving this swordfish with tomatoes in the summer. I skipped the herb salad because I knew it wouldn't be a family friendly touch. 


swordfish in skillet

The marinade of lemon zest and capers with onions was outstanding. I thought Dorie's instruction to dry off the fish before sautéing it kinda of odd, so I ignored it, and just put a touch of oil in a very hot cast iron skillet. The oil from the marinade was perfect for cooking up the swordfish. I forgot what a flavorful and nicely textured fish swordfish can be... I think I like it more than tuna.

After I cooked up the fish I tossed the marinade into the pan and sautéed the onions. Again ignoring Dorie's instructions to microwave it??? I wanted to soften the onions and I was glad I did... a fantastic topping on the fish.


girl eating picnic

I don't like to mix too many flavors in a single dish, so I put the rosemary that was suppose to top the fish into the potatoes I made. I felt the lemon, caper and onion flavor was enough for the fish. The tomatoes I mixed with red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and oregano. This meal had all the best flavors of a summer in the Mediterranean. We enjoyed it greatly.



Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 



Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.






This post is being shared on the following food/craft parties. Please check them out: 


Tuesday Food:

Wednesday Food:
Thursday Food:


Friday Food:

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter