Tzatziki Greek Appetizer Platter #French Fridays with Dorie

Tzatziki Greek Appetizer Platter

Greek Tzatziki for French Friday? It may sound strange to you, but I immediately connect Greek food with Paris. Many of the times I visited this enchanted city I could barely afford to pay for a hotel never mind food to eat. When I was in my teens and early 20's I  subsisted on a baguette for breakfast, a Nutella crepe from a street vendor for lunch, and dinner occasionally was at a French bistro... but more frequently it was at a Greek restaurant in the Latin Quarter

To those of you not family with Paris the Latin Quarter  is were the Sorbonne is located... thus the cheap college section of town. I didn't go to this arrondissement of Paris the last time I visited three years ago,  but it was always filled with good inexpensive Greek restaurants whose foods are so fresh that the decor of these places consists mostly of garlic, herbs, vegetables, cheeses and meats all curing right in the dining area.

Tzatziki has always been one of my favorite Greek condiments. I found it funny that Dorie suggested you use it as a dip for a crudite... I mean it would work well for this, but I have always used it as a sauce on Shish kabobs and Gyros... not celery and carrots. 


girl with kebabs

I guess all foods can be tamed,  but not this evening... 

the Balches dolloped big tablespoons of Dorie's flavorful Tzatziki recipe all over beef kebabs. We did dip a few pita chips in it while waiting for our meat to cook. We had a full out Greek night nibbling on a platter of stuffed grape leaves, almonds, dried apricots, figs, and of course spicy peppers and olives. 

My family really loved the fresh mint and dill along with the garlic, lemon and cucumbers in the Tzatziki. The flavor was really bright and zesty... we will make Dorie's Tzatziki recipe again, the next time we grill kebabs. 


Click here for a Tzatziki Recipe


Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.






This post is being shared on the following food/craft parties. Please check them out: 

Tuesday Food:
Wednesday Food:
Thursday Food:
Friday Food:

Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter