Blueberry & Red Bell Pepper Salsa


Blueberries. Summertime. Salsa. That was exactly my thought process in the grocery store when I saw blueberries on sale. 

I couldn't use my regular fruit salsa recipe though. Tomatoes and blueberries just don't go together. But bell pepper? Oh baby. Red bell peppers have that wonderful sweetness to them that would pair nicely with a summer blueberry. 



This really didn't last long at our house at all. With hot temperatures outside, this fresh, cold salsa was devoured in the shade of the porch. In fact, it was such a hit that as you are reading this I'm serving up this salsa as part of a trio of salsas for a good old summer family reunion. I'm pretty sure I need to make it by the gallon!


Ingredients

3 cups fresh blueberries
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
2 jalapenos, minced
1/2 red onion, minced
2 red bell peppers, diced small
1/2 tsp salt
1 lemon, juiced


Instructions

1. Pour your blueberries out on a large cutting board. Give them a rough chop. You'll miss plenty of the berries giving you a nice mixture of whole berries vs chopped. Put them in a large bowl.

2. Add in your chopped cilantro, jalapeno, red onion, red bell pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Stir until combined. 




Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter